K / G / M
letters used to stand for one thousand (1,000)
- K stands for "kilo," a prefix that comes from Greek.
- The U. S. Park Police said there were 400K people at the
Million Man March.1
- G stands for "grand," underworld slang popular in movies.
- The thug agreed to bump off the district judge for a mere
- M stands for the Latin "mille," which is used in Roman numerals.
- When Caesar turned L, he invited M people to the palace for
1In computers, it usually stands for 1024, which is 210.
2I personally wouldn't have done it for less than 75G.
3Not a true story. Took me X minutes to think it up.