Some acts have been put together mainly for the purpose of
championing some cause. Descriptions of five such efforts are given below,
with blanks to fill in with the names. Each of the fourteen words to be
supplied appear in the crossword puzzle that follows.
- Class formerly taught by Ann Murray
- Toto hit about the dark continent
- Apathetic Elton tune "I Don't ____"
- Long song, like the one to Billy Joe
- Color without a rhyme
- Dry with heat
- Gospel artist Mylon __Fevre
- Love me / leave me conjunction
- Unseen speaking role
- Atlanta Rhythm Section's "So ____ You"
- Phish's home st.
- Frankenstein's assistant
- Coin in Debussy's home country
- Beatles' music publisher ________ Songs
- Musicians, painters, dancers, etc.
- The Russler's alma mater
- England's Rose in "Candle In The Wind 1997"
- Massive layoff
- M- or SC-
- Wire service
- Mighty Golden Bells album "____ Awhile"
- Kleenex, e.g.
- They went out in Georgia one night
- Musical group or wedding ring
- Help or helper
- Type of cause many sing about
- 10,000 Maniacs' "Our Time In ____"
- Homophone of this number
- Grand Funk's type of crossing
- Glenn Miller's home st.
- Wolf Blitzer's employer
- Bob Seger's "_______ The Wind"
- Racist policy in South Africa
- Frank Sinatra's Pack
- Wear away
- McKenzie Brothers' question
- Therefore (Latin)
- Acct's column name
- Backup singer's syllable
- Cartoon raccoon
- Shania's "____ Don't Impress Me Much"
- Song producers?
- Elephant or walrus teeth
- "______ We Stand"
- Begin or be surprised
- Dept. concerned with public health
- Abbey, or Long & Winding (abbr.)
- Arby's or A&W purch.
- Another 41-Across
- Home country of Foreigner
- Dolly Parton's home st.
- Victims of 37-Across need it (abbr.)
to POP QUIZZES