A pair of alphosites begin with the same letter but are opposites in meaning; for example, GLAD & GLOOMY. For each sentence below, substitute one word with a synonym of that word which is an antonym of another word in the sentence to form an alphosite pair. With the aforementioned pair in mind, a sentence could read, "I thought the news would make him glad, but he seemed more morose than ever." On the other hand, you might conclude that the answer is MERRY & MOROSE. (My solution uses one pair for each letter of the alphabet.)
- A minimum amount of exertion while on vacation contributes to greatest enjoyment.
- Before me was the mountain trail; after me was a group of eager young hikers.
- Calvin found most of the pastries very delicious, but a few were downright yucky.
- Do you miss January when you are in the middle of summer heat?
- Every time I share a thoughtful remark, you make a silly counterargument.
- Four-Footed Friends is a big petting zoo that is a hit with the little kids.
- Gangster John Dillinger was taken down by a team led by Agent Melvin Purvis.
- He gave only a vague description of the assailant because he didn't have a sharp picture in his mind.
- Henry was known for his titanic nose and his miniature ears.
- His living like a prince cost so much money, he ended up surviving as a beggar.
- How can you act so goofy dealing with a serious situation like this?
- I admit that our peaceful neighborhood in central California can get a little quaky at times.
- In Mapuche mythology, the deity Ngen-lawen might help you deal with the spirit Gualichu.
- Littleton, with the normal problems of a small town, faced an unusual dilemma.
- March First was a very nice day, providing a break from the wintry weather of February.
- My golfing buddy has gotten a hole-in-one a zillion times; as for me: none.
- Once the disobedient child left the playground, the other kids had a nice time together.
- Previously, the machinery was operating continually, but lately it has been shutting off intermittently.
- She needed a coworker to assist on the project, but every effort seem to hinder her progress.
- Some retirees move out of a busy town for the idyllic life in the country.
- The King of Hearts presided over the trial of the Jack when he was accused of stealing the Queen's tarts.
- The one who pretended to be his best friend turned out to be his worst enemy.
- Their romance was built on abiding love, but now it's ending after a few short years.
- They accused me of being a racist, though I've always considered myself a xenophile.
- Until you thoroughly informed me about the situation, I was completely oblivious.
- With that frigid air blowing in, you'd think you were in the Antarctic region.