Instructions: Following is a list of names of people who are eponyms of
However, we are only showing their first names (or first and middle), whereas it is the last names that contribute to their namesakes. Your task is to identify the last names and the namesakes, using the sometimes punny clues.
- ordinary items
- DONALD: businessman who made it to the highest position
- TRUMP Tower
There is exactly one answer for each letter of the alphabet except...
I Q U X Y Z
So as you solve you can check them off the "used" list above clue #1.
It is not cheating to look stuff up on the internet!
One more thing . . . if this proves too challenging, click on the "hint" link at the bottom for a list of the surnames, and try matching them up with the first names & clues and then identify the namesakes.
- ABRAHAM: your thoughts are worth one
- ANDERS: seems to be cooler than Kelvin
- CHARLES FRANCIS: his physics were a little shaky
- EARL: did not act alone in investigating the assassination
- EDWIN: his long-range vision was out of this world
- ÉTIENNE DE: his artwork remains in the shadows
- GEORGE: no man is an island, but some men explore them
- GEORGE H.: had a lot of opinions
- GUSTAVE: stands tall in the architectural world
- JAWAHARLAL: statesman who coated his country with nationalism
- JOSEPH MARIE: creative weaver who looms large
- KING: accidentally married his mother — it was complicated
- MADAME DE: Louis XV's mistress who was a head taller
- MELVIL: periodic librarian, very organized
- NICOLA: Serbian-American inventor with an electric personality
- PETER CARL: jeweller whose creation goes over easy
- ROBERT: there'll be a hot time in the old lab tonight
- SHOZO: industrialist whose business really got rolling
- WILLIAM G.: whose key had a hex on it
- WILLIAM LAWRENCE: who slept in a one-room apartment
hint (will open in new tab or window)