In each sentence below, one of the words can be replaced by a synonym; another word can replaced by a synonym that differs from the first replacement word by the removal of a single letter. In each case, the given letter is the one that precedes the sentence.
Example: If the sentence labeled "L" read, "No one in the universe knows my secret saying," it could be changed to read "No one in the WORLD knows my secret WORD."
- I'm rearing my children to be future stars.
- They sure have a lot of trash in their carport.
- He was thrilled when he finally left the cave.
- This edition of the book got a good response from readers.
- I'll rejoin the leasing world, this time as a tenant.
- That blossom has a cheaper price.
- Don't stay too long on the ship.
- Soap up first, and rinse off afterward.
- In truth, he'd rather work for a land company.
- If you fight with the others, we will remove you.
- When loading the car for a trip, timing is important.
- If you regress, you'll end up on your rear.
- Send a message to the rapid transportation authority.
- He rambles down to the pond where the dippers like to go.
- The football trainers all have their own hideaways.
- Telecommunications operators like to sharpen their skills.
- A certain segment of the wizard's time was spent on a new elixir.
- If you're driving to the beach during October, take a jacket.
- After a long hard day at the shop, she was very stiff.
- This is the tallest sculpture in the whole province.
- I saw a pigeon and a deer in my back yard.
- He might author a book about a certain ritual.
- The following day, the police caught the suspect in their web.
- The function will go on for a large portion of the evening.
- If you didn't keep nodding off, you could be accomplishing more.